ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors
Family owned and operated since 1975
When it comes to natural disasters, fires are the most feared, consuming significant amounts of materials in just a few minutes. A fire in your home or business not only puts you and those within immediate danger, but it also has the potential to destroy everything you have worked for in a matter of minutes. Evacuating the home or building and calling the fire department are the most important things you can do in the event of a fire. However, putting out the fire does not stop the spread of the damage as the lingering smoke, soot, and corrosive byproducts can cause an extensive amount of secondary damage unless professional disaster restoration takes place.
Once the fire department extinguishes the fire in your home or building in Fort Wayne or any other property in Northeastern Indiana, contact our fire restoration experts at ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors for professional fire and smoke damage restoration services.
Our fire damage repair technicians in Fort Wayne, IN can contain and restore the damage caused by lingering byproducts as well as repair major damage caused by the flames.
Fire Damage Restoration Done Right in Fort Wayne, IN
The sight of a fire in your home or building is terrifying and it is a huge relief to have the fire put out. What many people do not realize, however, is that your property is still vulnerable to further damage from smoke, soot, and corrosive byproducts after the fire is out. The intense heat from the fire causes synthetic materials to create corrosive byproducts that will badly burn and discolor any surfaces or materials that it affects.
Smoke and soot is just as destructive after a fire as the soot can cause tarnishing and etching similar to the other corrosive byproducts, and the smoke can get absorbed in various building materials and leave a lingering odor. If the materials affected by the smoke and soot are not properly cleaned and restored right away, they may sustain permanent damage.
Fire Damage Cleanup in Fort Wayne, IN
At ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors, our technicians are fully trained and prepared to handle any fire damage scenario in commercial or residential settings. We will properly clean and restore furnishings and objects affected by soot and corrosive byproducts as well as repair major damage from the fire itself. We can also remove lingering smoke odors with our advanced deodorization process.
Our fire damage repair services consist of these basic steps:
Fire Damage Cleanup – What to Do:
- Contact ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors once the fire department clears your property to begin the cleanup and repairs right away.
- Open all doors and windows if the temperature is above 60 degrees to air your home out.
- Wipe the soot from porcelain, chrome, aluminum, and Formica surfaces.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Cover each return and supply register with a damp cheesecloth to filter soot from the air.
- Dispose of all exposed food.
- Clean the inside of your refrigerator if your home has lost power.
- Set aside clothing and other fabric affected by smoke for specialized dry cleaning services.
Fire Damage Cleanup – What NOT to Do:
- Do not touch wood, upholstery, drywall, or other porous surfaces because the natural oils in your hand can make the damage worse.
- Do not try to remove soot damage from the walls because improper cleaning methods can make the damage worse.
- Do not try to clean carpeting or upholstery.
- Do not use electrical appliances until you are sure they are safe to use.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
Complete Fire Restoration in Fort Wayne, IN
If your home or building in Fort Wayne or any other place in Northeastern Indiana is affected by a fire, it is very important to contact ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors as soon as possible after the fire is out. Our fire restoration technicians will immediately take steps to limit the secondary damage, and we can effectively repair and restore the damage from the fire using advanced cleaning products and equipment.
We are available 24 hours a day at (260) 420-1502 to respond to fire damage emergencies in the Fort Wayne and all of Northeastern Indiana
Directions from ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors to Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo. Head south on Short St toward Spring St. Turn right at the 1st cross street onto Spring St. Turn right onto Sherman Blvd. Arrive at 3411 Sherman Blvd, Fort Wayne, IN 46808.
Directions from ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors to Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory. Head south on Short St toward Spring St. Turn left at the 1st cross street onto Spring St. Turn right onto Wells St. Continue onto Ewing St. At the traffic circle, take the 3rd exit. Continue onto Ewing St. Turn left after Taco Bell (on the left). Turn right onto S Calhoun St. Arrive at 1100 S Calhoun St, Fort Wayne, IN 46802.