Water Damage Restoration Service Since 1975
It is almost impossible to prevent water damage in a home or building. With numerous potential causes, including, rain, flooding, leaks, pipe bursts, overflows, sewage backups, and more, water damage is known as one of the most common disasters for building materials.
But regardless of the cause, water damage requires immediate attention. Spreading until the source is cut off, the water can cause permanent damage without emergency treatment.
ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors is a local business that has been providing disaster restoration services in Fort Wayne and all of Northeastern Indiana for both commercial and residential properties since 1975. When it comes to water restoration services in Fort Wayne, IN, our ServiceMaster technicians have seen it all.
Our specialized water extraction and drying equipment are efficient when removing water from the affected areas, pulling it out of the structure while eliminating the excess moisture in the air. Additionally, if sewage is present in the water on your property, our water restoration team is fully equipped to perform complete sewage removal.
Water Extraction – Available 24 Hours
Any amount of water in your home or building can result in severe damage as it spreads through porous materials. As water becomes absorbed into drywall, flooring, wood, carpeting, and other materials, the result can include discoloration, warping, swelling, and permanent structural damage.
But if it is left to sit without quick flood cleanup services and treatment, the area will begin to smell musty from the combination of excess moisture, bacteria, and cellulose in porous surfaces.
Mold will then be a problem as it can develop within 48 hours of water damage, dispersing its spores into the air and affecting new surfaces. For that reason, our water damage restoration technicians are trained to perform complete mold remediation as part of any water damage project.
Water Damage Restoration in Fort Wayne, IN
Depending on the severity of water damage in your home, our water restoration plans are customized for your home’s needs. If you have questions about the water damage restoration plans offered, call our emergency service number at (260) 420-1502.
Highly Trained, Licensed, Bonded & Insured Technicians
Our technicians at ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors can handle all levels of water damage, using advanced water extraction equipment and techniques. We will effectively remove any amount of water including standing flood water and restore water damaged furnishings and building materials.
Effective Water Extraction and Drying Process for Commercial and Residential Properties
- Water extraction and drying with advanced equipment
- Initial inspection
- Drying and restoration of affected furnishings and building materials
- Cleaning and restoration of wet carpeting and upholstery
- Mold remediation if needed
- Document restoration
- Cleaning and restoration of personal content if needed
- Application of anti-microbials (to prevent mold growth)
- Working with insurance
- Final inspection to ensure your satisfaction
Water Damage Restoration
What to Do – Tips from Your Local Restoration Professionals:
- Call ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors at the first sign of water damage to prevent it from spreading further.
- Mop or blot dry to remove excess water.
- Remove temporary flooring like rugs, but do not try to remove carpeting or other permanent floorings.
- Keep your drapes off the floor by putting the drapery bottoms through a coat hanger and putting the hanger on the rod.
- Wipe excess water from the furniture and put aluminum foil between the furniture legs and carpeting.
- Store photos, important documents, and valuables in a safe, dry location.
- Keep water damaged books packed tightly on their shelves to prevent page warping until they can be treated with a specialized drying process.
- Keep the doors in your home open to speed up the drying process.
What NOT to Do:
- Do not walk into a room with standing water unless the power is turned off.
- Do not try to remove water with a standard vacuum cleaner.
- Do not try to remove permanent flooring, leave this to professionals.
- Do not use appliances until the area is dry and they are deemed safe to use.
- Do not try to clean up mold growth.
Time is of the essence when dealing with water damage because it will continue to spread until its source is removed. At ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors, we are available 24/7 and will arrive in a timely manner with all equipment needed to remove excess water and moisture while making the necessary repairs to return your property to its original condition.
For a FREE quote call us 24 hours a day at (260) 420-1502 and start the recovery process as soon as today