ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors
Family owned and operated since 1975
Water damage will cause lingering issues for home and business owners for years after an event of flooding, appliance malfunction, leak, or overflow. The water could even get into the structure of the building, resulting in more damages. It’s important to address water damage right away by contacting a disaster restoration team for water extraction.
ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors provides water damage restoration for homes and businesses in Marion, IN. Our IICRC-certified technicians will arrive quickly to extract water, dry and dehumidify the area, and restore the property to its original condition.
If water damage is left to sit, structural materials and furnishings such as drywall and flooring will rot and warp. Over time, mold will also soon begin to grow.
This is why ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors has 24/7 availability to respond to cases of water damage in Marion, IN. Our technicians are also trained to perform mold remediation if necessary.
Our Water Damage Restoration Services
- Fast response times and 24/7 availability for water damage emergencies
- Complete water extraction using the latest industry technology
- Drying and dehumidification of the affected area
- Treatment to remove and prevent mold growth
- Assistance with an open insurance claim for the water damage
Water Damage Cleanup – What to Do:
- Contact ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors right away
- Remove any items from the water damaged walls and floors. Place them in a dry and safe location so the water does not damage them.
- Mop up or blot up as much water as you can.
- Remove temporary floorcoverings, like rugs and mats. Don’t try to remove professionally installed carpet; it’s too easy to stretch or tear. Leave this to the professionals.
- Wipe down furniture and prop up furniture skirts or cushions to allow proper air circulation.
- Place a piece of aluminum foil in between furniture legs and the floor to prevent the water from traveling up.
- If the books are wet, leave them in their shelves and pack them tightly before the restoration crew arrives to prevent warping.
- Lift all draperies, curtains, bed skirts and blinds from the floor and hang on a coat hanger to dry.
- Turn on all fans to allow for air to flow throughout the rooms.
Flood Extraction – What NOT to Do:
- When the power is on, never enter any room with electrical damage.
- Don’t use appliances that are wet, wait until the electrician has inspected the items.
- Don’t remove anything that is installed on the carpet or on the walls. Leave it to the professionals.
- Never use a vacuum to soak up water. The vacuum is designed for dry dirt and not wet debris from water damage.
- If there is mold, don’t try and remove the mold by yourself. You might end up with contaminating more of your home.
Contact Us for Water Restoration in Marion, IN
Call ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors at (260) 420-1502 for water damage restoration services in the Marion, IN area.
We are available 24/7 to respond to emergency cases of water damage.