ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors
Family owned and operated since 1975
Because of the significant damage they can cause in such a short time, fires continue to be one of the most feared natural disasters. Whether a fire occurs in your home or business, you, your property, and your work are in severe danger.
Clearing out the building and contacting the fire department are the most essential tasks to take initially, but it’s important to remember that simply extinguishing the fire only stops the initial and primary cause of damage. As a result of the fire, corrosive byproducts, smoke, and soot linger and may lead to secondary damage until restoration occurs.
After the fire department has extinguished the fire in your home or building in New Haven or the Northeastern Indiana area, contact ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors to get in touch with our experts for professional fire and smoke damage restoration services.
Our experts will fix the damage caused by the flames and will contain and restore what has been damaged by any lingering byproducts.
Spotting a fire in your home or building is a frightening sight, so for it to be extinguished is a relief.
However, most people are unaware that, even after the fire is out, your property is still susceptible to harm from corrosive byproducts, smoke, and soot.
The high temperatures from the fire cause synthetic materials to form corrosive byproducts that terribly burn and discolor all materials and surfaces they affect.
Smoke and soot are just as damaging. Smoke can be absorbed by several building materials and leave behind an ever-present odor.
Meanwhile, soot’s damage is similar to that of corrosive byproducts in that it can result in etching and tarnishing.
If smoke- and soot-affected materials are not immediately cleaned correctly and restored, they can become permanently damaged.
Fire Damage Restoration
Our technicians at ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors are thoroughly trained and qualified to handle all fire damage scenarios in commercial and residential settings.
We fix significant damage caused by the fire itself, and we restore and properly clean furnishings and other objects that have been damaged by soot and corrosive byproducts.
We also eliminate lingering smells from smoke using an advanced deodorization process.
Our fire damage repair services consist of four simple steps:
Fire Damage Repair — What to Do:
- Once the fire department leaves your home or building, contact ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors to start the cleanup, repairs, and restoration immediately.
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, air out your property by opening all windows and doors.
- Wipe away any soot on aluminum, chrome, Formica, and porcelain surfaces.
- If your furnace uses forced hot air, change its air filter.
- Using a dampened cheesecloth, cover every return and supply register to help filter soot from the air.
- Throw away all exposed food.
- If your home has lost power, clean the inside of your refrigerator.
- Set aside any clothing items and other fabrics that have been affected by smoke, so they can be clean using specialized dry-cleaning services.
Fire Damage Repair — What NOT to Do:
- Do not come into contact with drywall, upholstery, wood, and other porous materials; your hands have natural oils that can worsen any damage.
- Do not try to clean soot or remove any soot damage from walls; unsuitable cleaning techniques can worsen the damage.
- Do not clean any carpeting or upholstery.
- Do not use your electrical appliances unless they are deemed safe to use.
- If your home or building’s ceiling is wet, do not use the ceiling fixtures.
If your property in New Haven, IN or the Northeastern Indiana area is damaged by a fire, immediately contact ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors once the fire has been extinguished.
Our technicians will take immediate action to confine the amount of secondary damage. Using advanced cleaning equipment and products, we will sufficiently fix and restore the damage caused by the fire.
We are available 24/7 at (260) 420-1502 to address fire and smoke damage restoration services for New Haven, IN and the Northeastern Indiana area.