ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors
Family owned and operated since 1975
Water damage is nearly unavoidable for homes and buildings. From rain to flooding to leaks, many things can cause water damage, making it one of the biggest problems for building materials. As water damage spreads and remains untreated, it becomes more serious and can result in permanent damage. As such, it’s important to tend to water damage immediately by calling a disaster restoration company.
ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors is a local business that provides professional water damage restoration services in New Haven, IN, and Northeastern Indiana. We are an IICRC-certified water mitigation firm and have been in this business since 1975 and have experience with the water restoration of commercial and residential properties, so we can ensure our water mitigation services are effective and satisfactory.
If the water contains sewage material, our ServiceMaster team is equipped to perform total sewage removal as well.
Water Damage Restoration in New Haven, IN
When water spreads through porous materials, it can lead to severe water damage — regardless of the amount of water. Even if you do your best to prepare for things like flood damage, sometimes the results are inevitable.
When water is absorbed by carpeting, drywall, flooring, and other surfaces, such surfaces can become discolored, swell, and warp. A building’s structure can also become permanently damaged.
If left untreated, the damaged area starts to smell. The musty odor it gives off comes from a combination of bacteria, cellulose, and excess moisture in the porous materials.
Mold then becomes a problem, forming within 48 hours of the damage. The mold scatters its spores throughout the air and affects new materials.
This is why our flood cleanup professionals are trained to implement mold remediation services as well.
Any questions concerning our plans for water damage services can be addressed by calling our emergency water damage restoration service number at (260) 420-1502.
Flood Cleanup in New Haven, IN
If you have done everything possible to prevent water damage but water has still found its way in, it may be time to contact a professional.
The water damage restoration technicians we employ at ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors use state-of-the-art water extraction equipment and techniques, so they can work with all kinds of water damage.
We can remove any amount of water, such as standing floodwater, and will restore furnishings and surfaces damaged in the affected area.
Our ServiceMaster water restoration services in New Haven, IN include:
- Primary inspection of the flooded area
- Drying and water extraction using advanced flood cleanup equipment
- Restoration for damaged building materials and furnishings
- Cleaning and restoration for wet carpeting and upholstery
- Mold remediation if necessary
- Anti-microbial products applied after the water cleanup to prevent mold growth
- Restoration for documents
- Personal content cleaning and restoration if necessary
- Insurance work
- Final inspection for customer satisfaction
Water Damage Restoration — What to Do
- Call ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors once water damage is initially spotted to prevent further spreading and damage.
- Prevent future water damage with this flood prevention tips.
- Get rid of excess water by mopping or blotting dry surfaces.
- Only remove temporary flooring, not permanent flooring or carpeting.
- Make sure drapes aren’t touching the floor by hanging the bottoms up on the rod.
- For furniture, wipe away excess water and place aluminum foil between the legs and carpeting.
- Store important documents, valuables, and photos in a dry, safe spot.
- Pack any water-damaged books tightly on their shelves to ensure they keep their shape until they can be dried using a specialized drying process.
- Open the doors in your home or building to fasten the drying process.
Water Damage Restoration — What NOT to Do
- Do not walk in rooms that have standing water unless the power is off.
- Do not rid of water with a standard vacuum.
- Do not extract permanent flooring.
- Do not use any appliances unless such appliances are considered safe to use and the space is dry.
- Do not clean any mold that has grown
Free Estimate Water Damage Restoration in New Haven, IN
The sooner water damage can be treated, the better, because there’s less time for the damage to spread and worsen. Knowing this, we, at ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors are available to provide water damage restoration services 24/7 in New Haven, IN.
We will respond to customers as soon as possible by arriving at a home or building in a timely manner with all the water mitigation equipment necessary. Our ServiceMaster water damage repair crew will treat the water damaged area and restore the property to its original condition.
Get a free quote by calling us at (260) 420-1502, where we are available 24/7 to start the water damage restoration process immediately.