ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors
Water damage is a common disaster for many home and business owners, but this doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be taken lightly. Whether it’s a basement flood or burst pipes, water damage can start and spread in seconds, threatening mold growth by the hour and resulting in high restoration costs.
In instances like these, a professional water damage restoration contractor must be called immediately to repair the affected area. ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors is available 24/7 in the Fort Wayne, IN area to extract any and all standing water and repair the structural damage. Our technicians are also licensed and experienced to provide professional mold removal. Everything from reconstruction to water damage repair to odor removal, we will ensure that both your property and peace of mind are restored.
Have questions about water damage restoration? Here is a list of some of our most common questions asked by our customers:
What Causes Water Damage?
Water damage is caused by a number of sources, including the following:
- Burst and leaking pipes
- Burst and leaking appliances
- Overflowing gutters
- Roof leaks
- Sewage backups
- Poorly constructed bathtubs and/or wearing away of the grout
Regardless of where the water damage had occurred and what caused it, never hesitate to reach out to your water damage restoration company for emergency services.
How Can I Prevent Water Damage?
You can prevent water damage with proper maintenance of your property. Ensuring these do not cause an issue can be vital towards preventing a disaster.
Here are some recommended inspections that should be made frequently:
- Finding any issues with the septic tank
- Showing everyone in the home where the main water shutoff is located on the property
- Keeping an eye on the water bill; a sudden increase in one month can make a big difference
- Finding any black spots on the walls or musty smells on the property
If you find any mold growth in your home, be sure to contact ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors as we also provide professional mold remediation. We will ensure that the affected area is contained while eliminating the risk for the spores to spread and trigger health issues.
My Crawlspace is Flooded. What is a Crawl Space and How Do I Fix It?
Crawl spaces are the areas below homes that allow workers to reach the plumbing and electrical wiring to the home. When this area becomes damaged with water, the professionals will proceed with a different plan of action based on the source of the disaster.
If there was a sewage backup on the property, sewer gas evacuators are used to fix the issue. If the crawl space was affected by mold, it will be contained and removed by professionals while clearing the area of harmful mold spores.
What are the Effects of Water Damage?
Water damage has the potential to create all sorts of damage to homes and buildings, including the following:
- Decreased property value from the damage
- Hefty costs in water damage restoration and other services if needed
- Chipped paint and/or wallpaper
- Destroyed carpets and rotting wood floors
- Mold growth and musty smells
What is Involved in Water Damage Restoration
Water damage restoration involves a variety of steps including the following:
- The damaged area is inspected to identify and remove the source of the water
- Professional water extraction equipment is used to remove all excess water from the area
- The drying process starts, using powerful dehumidifiers and fans
- All mold growth is removed
- Structural repairs, air duct cleaning, and deodorization are done as needed
- Final inspection
- Working with your insurance company during the claims process
Problems with Mold and Water Damage
No hesitation should ever be taken when discovering water damage on your property. It may start out small and/or hidden but it has the potential to spread to additional areas, threatening mold growth and permanent damage.
Once mold starts, it consumes building materials while dispersing its spores into the breathing air in search of other materials to harvest. As these spores travel through the air, people can experience a range of negative health effects when inhaling them. Everything from coughing, sneezing, and even breathing problems can be triggered.
Water Damage Repair Services
This is why it’s important to address water and mold damage immediately. ServiceMaster by Restoration Contractors is available throughout the Fort Wayne, IN area to provide a range of restoration services for homes and buildings, including water damage repair, mold removal, deodorization, reconstruction, and much more. Our technicians are each licensed, trained, and dedicated to restoring your property and peace of mind by working efficiently and effectively.